Have you seen a great interview of a songwriting talking about where they get their inspiration or how they work? Then post it here. This is home to Youtube videos, sound clips and written Q&As featuring songwriters talking about how they write songs.
- Inside the Song – a series of chats with songwriters who perform regularly at The Broken Spoke cafe in Nashville. Melissa Lewis
- Chris Difford, songwriter from Squeeze – taks to the Three imaginary girls website And a Q&A with him at the UK Songwriting Festival
- Three Northern Ireland songwriters discuss in this Youtube clip about how they write songs – Divine Comedy’s Neil Hannon, Tim Wheeler from Ash and Peter Wilson from Duke Special.
- NME talks to Mike Skinner – the Birmingham songwriter behind The Streets. See also Mike’s blog, which is fun with great pictures from his travels
- NME blog on the myth of the solitary songwriter – why it’s about hard work rather than tortured artistry.
- 6 songwriters reveal their methods for an LA Times event.
- NY Songwriting circle judge – says what makes a winning song for her